How to get more details from subscriptions of HiveMQ Edge

Hi,

I am trying to use HiveMQ Edge with OPCUA server.
I am getting response json, which has ‘values’.
Can you suggest how we can get more details like datatype, NodeId ?
Also, if there is a way to provide more custom details and fields? Or use custom json schema?

Thanks.

Hello @abhishekmj ,

Thank you for the outreach!

Could I have you provide an example of one of these response JSON files? Please feel free to obfuscate any internal data in this submission.

I would also like to take a look and see what additional data we are able to obtain from the configuration, and any additional details shared there may be beneficial as well - this would be essentially environment configuration details, such as how the OPC-UA server is connected to and configured for the HiveMQ Edge server - likely a protocol adapter - as well as how this response JSON is obtained after adapting the OPC-UA node data to the HiveMQ Edge server. Additionally, further documentation for HiveMQ Edge can be found here on our GitHub repository.

Let us know your thoughts, and we will be glad to assist further!

Best,
Aaron from the HiveMQ Team

Hi Aaron,

We have not finalized json. But on high level, we would want some fields like

• nodeId
  • data type of the node
  • deviceId - i.e. as we will setup multiple edge servers, we want to specify to the main HiveMQ, which device it is from. So, we may need to provide some custom value.
  • qos - custom integer field.
  • value
  • timestamp

In general, I am looking for if we have flexibility to customize the json being sent. And also more fields from server like nodeId, timestamp.

Thanks

Hi @abhishekmj

Thank you for reaching out with your requirements regarding HiveMQ Edge and OPC-UA integration. To assist you better, I would like to clarify a few details:

Are you looking to publish data from HiveMQ Edge to OPC-UA or subscribe the HiveMQ Edge to OPC-UA? This information will help us better understand your specific needs and provide you with a more tailored solution.

In your initial request, you mentioned several fields you would like to include in the JSON data, such as nodeId, data type of the node, deviceId, qos, value, and timestamp. To determine which parameters you currently receive and which ones are missing, we would need more information about your existing setup or data flow.

Once we have a clear understanding of your objectives and your current setup, we can offer guidance on how to customize the JSON data being sent and address any additional fields you may require from the server, such as nodeId and timestamp.

Please provide further details or let us know if you have any specific questions or preferences regarding the integration, and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you for considering HiveMQ for your IoT integration needs, and we look forward to working with you to achieve your goals.

Best regards,
Dasha from HiveMQ Team

Hi Dasha,

We want HiveMQ Edge to subscribe for data from OPC-UA servers and constantly read the data and store in our application.
Ex: We have OPC-UA server with 10k nodes at a place. We need to setup edge to read the value of all these tags and send it over to our downstream system.
Also note, we need mechanism to read it synchronous and asynchronous(as per end user requirement). Synchronous meaning every k seconds(k - configurable) need data of the node, whether value changes or not. Asynchronous meaning need data every k seconds, if change in value.

Present list of fields we are passing to downstream application -
NodeId - Ex: ns=3;i=1001
FriendlyNodeName - we map each nodeId to a friendly name . Ex: PS1_Mot_Temperature_2
Type - custom type string
StartTime - time of the value
ErrorCode
QOS - Custom mapped value based on StatusCode.
ReceivedTime - time when we fetched the value.
Based on the type of value set value in particular value field below -
valueString
valueInt
valueBool
valueDouble
etc…

So, we are looking for customization of the fields and addign custom fields in the json we are getting from HiveMQ Edge on subscription to nodes.

Thanks,
Abhishek