Hivemq Username and Password Authentication

Hi all! I am new to MQTT and I am currently trying the HiveMQ MQTT broker. I have tried the extension from this website https://www.hivemq.com/extension/file-rbac-extension/

I followed the documentation from this website https://github.com/hivemq/hivemq-file-rbac-extension to setup the authentication for MQTT.

When I try publishing data from MQTT.fx to the broker with the user credentials within local host, it prompts not authorised.

2022-10-13 15:21:39,948  INFO --- BrokerConnectorController      : onConnect
2022-10-13 15:21:39,949  INFO --- ScriptsController              : Clear console.
2022-10-13 15:21:39,952  INFO --- MqttFX ClientModel             : MqttClient with ID 2a23325aaa8248afa577708f6bf2b2ab assigned.
2022-10-13 15:21:39,963 ERROR --- MqttFX ClientModel             : Error when connecting
org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.MqttSecurityException: Not authorized to connect
	at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.ExceptionHelper.createMqttException(ExceptionHelper.java:28) ~[org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3-1.2.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.ClientState.notifyReceivedAck(ClientState.java:988) ~[org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3-1.2.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.CommsReceiver.run(CommsReceiver.java:145) ~[org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3-1.2.0.jar:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_181]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_181]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_181]
2022-10-13 15:21:39,964 ERROR --- MqttFX ClientModel             : Please verify your Settings (e.g. Broker Address, Broker Port & Client ID) and the user credentials!
org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.MqttSecurityException: Not authorized to connect
	at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.ExceptionHelper.createMqttException(ExceptionHelper.java:28) ~[org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3-1.2.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.ClientState.notifyReceivedAck(ClientState.java:988) ~[org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3-1.2.0.jar:?]
	at org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3.internal.CommsReceiver.run(CommsReceiver.java:145) ~[org.eclipse.paho.client.mqttv3-1.2.0.jar:?]
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
	at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.8.0_181]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_181]
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_181]
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) [?:1.8.0_181]
2022-10-13 15:21:39,968  INFO --- ScriptsController              : Clear console.
2022-10-13 15:21:39,969 ERROR --- BrokerConnectService           : Not authorized to connect

I pretty sure I have entered the correct user credentials. Can anyone help me with the issue or suggest me what I could do to setup the username authentication? Thanks in advance.

The following are my config files.

credentials.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<file-rbac>
    <users>
        <user>
            <name>user1</name>
		 <!--- password hash for "pass1" -->
   		 <password>TUh5SWZlWmRNNzJQeXU0UkF2QmVKZXBBWFl6VU1Jc28=:gDR4bZ8kABBEL0WBflf09IMJahRlb1KGL2wJydlyWElfIu1F65SSU+RZZpjzy+vT4dDPJxiBSHM07wr56+bKsA==</password>
            <roles>
                <id>User</id>
            </roles>
        </user>
        <user>
            <name>admin</name>
            <!-- password hash for "adminpass" -->
            <password>Vjc1a0lxQ3Nvb0ljNFVHNE9WRnM3RG1IZmdNUFcwVGY=:100:PL2FLqfpdhONG7qXjAMmdVn4wlMiXnypdXiFW09zqorFhKgoiixFQw2EVJJfE9Zn79q45V7Xpc6JeKLp0ntmYA==</password>
            <roles>
                <id>Admin</id>
            </roles>
        </user>
    </users>
    <roles>
        <role>
            <id>User</id>
            <permissions>
                <permission>
                    <!-- PUBLISH and SUBSCRIBE to all topics below "data/<clientid>/" -->
                    <topic>data/${{clientid}}/#</topic>
                </permission>
                <permission>
                    <!-- PUBLISH to topic "outgoing/<clientid>", retained only-->
                    <topic>outgoing/${{clientid}}</topic>
                    <activity>PUBLISH</activity>
                    <retain>RETAINED</retain>
                </permission>
                <permission>
                    <!-- SUBSCRIBE to topic "incoming/<clientid>"-->
                    <topic>incoming/${{username}}/actions</topic>
                    <activity>SUBSCRIBE</activity>
                </permission>
            </permissions>
        </role>
        <role>
            <id>Admin</id>
            <permissions>
                <permission>
                    <!-- Allow everything -->
                    <topic>#</topic>
                </permission>
            </permissions>
        </role>
    </roles>
</file-rbac>

extension-config.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<extension-configuration>

<!-- Reload interval for credentials in seconds -->
    <credentials-reload-interval>60</credentials-reload-interval>

<!-- Optional list of names of listeners this extension is used for
    <listener-names>
        <listener-name>my-tcp-listener</listener-name>
        <listener-name>8883</listener-name>
    </listener-names> -->

<!-- If the credentials file is using HASHED or PLAIN passwords -->
    <password-type>HASHED</password-type>

<!-- Use this option to toggle the behaviour in case authentication by this extension failed.
         false (default) -> client don't get authenticated
         true            -> instead of failing the authentication we delegate the decision to the next extension with an
                            authentication implemented (with lower priority), in case no other extension exists we fail
                            the authentication -->
    <!--next-extension-instead-of-fail>true</next-extension-instead-of-fail-->

</extension-configuration>

config.xml

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<hivemq>

<listeners>
        <tcp-listener>
            <port>1883</port>
            <bind-address>0.0.0.0</bind-address>
            <name>my-tcp-listener</name>
        </tcp-listener>