Getting Started

Hello –

I’m testing out HiveMQ but I’ve gotten stuck.

I was able to download, install and run the local HiveMQ. I was also able to add the extension File RBAC Extension – I’m able to view the HiveMQ Control Center per the documentation - HiveMQ Control Center :: HiveMQ Documentation and use the default login.

However, when l add a user to the credentials document – l don’t know how to proceed. The default users in the credentials document, how can l navigate to use those logins – can someone advise or share a documentation l can follow? I’ve tried adding a user (saving it) and logging into the account for that user but l get a password invalid error message.

How are users created in the credentials configuration file, applied? In other words, when l create a user with a role to publish or subscribe, what next?

Thank You,

Pamela

Hi @pamela ,

Nice to see your interest in MQTT and HiveMQ, welcome to the community!

The FIle RBAC extension is not designed for Control Center users. This extension is for authenticating MQTT clients and for authorizing them to use certain commands (publish, subscribe) and certain topics.

For the Control Center you can configure username and password as explained here: Control Center Configuration :: HiveMQ Documentation

If at any step you encounter an issue, please let me know.

Kind regards,
Dasha from HiveMQ team