HiveMQ-Edge bridge hostname

Sorry for posting in CE but no channel for edge yet. Is it just me, or is there a bug in the UI for edge bridge configuration that prevents plain IP vs hostnames.

Hello @JPM ,

Thank you for the outreach, and welcome to the HiveMQ Community!

IP addresses are indeed supported for remote brokers, and should be properly configurable. If possible, could you please provide some details or images of the error(s) you are encountering when attempting to utilize an IP address, as well as any additional configuration details you can share?

Best,
Aaron from the HiveMQ Team

The bridge configuration UI will not allow entry of just XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Using mqtt://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX yields an error.

Using hostnames like “localhost” or “myserver” work just fine

Hello @JPM ,

Performing some local testing, I was able to successfully establish a connection using the host address 192.168.0.10 as exampled above. That said, mqtt://192.168.0.10 did provide an error citing that it does not follow IPv4, IPv6, or host name requirements. This is likely due to the mqtt prefix attached to the address, as this host/address is not intended to use this prefix.

Can you confirm if the direct address 192.168.0.10 functions as expected when entered?

Best,
Aaron from the HiveMQ Team

very odd as I cannot create the bridge the “create bridge button” is greyed out with the host set to plain IP. This is on a windows platform if it helps. I’ll try in docker and see if it’s any different. See photo

Hi @JPM,

I hope this message finds you well. It appears that you are facing a GUI issue, which has been addressed and resolved in the latest version 2023.2. To ensure a smooth experience, kindly verify that you are currently using the most up-to-date version.

With the new version, you should be able to use either an IP address or a hostname. Please give it a try and let us know if the issue persists or if there’s anything else we can assist you with.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

Best regards,
Dasha from HiveMQ Team