Host name and fixed ip address

My host name for broker is b436c9c230e344xxxxx.s1.eu.hivemq.cloud, but my device cannot support DNS service. So a fixed ip address must be used instead of the host name.
Is there an ip address for the host name b436c9c230e344xxxxx.s1.eu.hivemq.cloud?
If not , what should I do to work with a fixed ip address like “18.185.251.59”?

Hey,

Right now, our free cluster type supports connecting using TLS only and requires your client to support TLS SNI.
Additionally, without DNS resolution, your client will not be able to perform hostname verification either, which will make using TLS even more complicated.

Maybe you could try whether it will work if you assign a static hostname to the cluster URI’s IP address on your device somehow? We cannot currently guarantee that the IP of your cluster address will not change though, it might be useful for testing though for now. (Please report back whether this works for you)

What type of device/client are you using?

Thanks for reply.
Now I use ME910 LTE module from Telit. The module can not get DNS ip from network and seems not to be able to assigned a DNS ip manually. I also turn to Telit for help. Do you have any example on how to connect hivemq with ME910?
You mentioned that free cluster type supports connecting using TLS only. When I studied MQTT on hivemq.com, I used mqtt-cli.exe to connect with broker. I used username and password to connect. So the mechanism behind the username and password is TLS? Is TLS implemented in mqtt-cli.exe tool?

Hey,

Do you have any example on how to connect hivemq with ME910?

We don’t have a concrete example for the ME910 unfortunately.

So the mechanism behind the username and password is TLS?

TLS simply encrypts the traffic on the transport layer (so your username and password are encrypted when they are transmitted)

Is TLS implemented in mqtt-cli.exe tool?

The MQTT CLI uses Java’s built-in TLS implementation, so yes, in that sense the tool itself does implement TLS. (The -s flag indicates to the CLI to enable TLS)

How exactly does the ME910 fit into the context here? And what MQTT client library are you planning to use?
I’m assuming you’re using the ME910 as a modem / means of communication for some other device that you are actually programming to communicate with HiveMQ Cloud, like an Arduino? It doesn’t seem like the ME910 can be programmed directly to communicate using MQTT from the specs, as it doesn’t list any processor specs and i can’t find any info regarding SDKs.