HiveMQ Clustering Configuration Support

Dear Team, Hope you are doing well

We are planning to implement clustering for HiveMQ Enterprise Edition and it was recommended to use HiveMQ DNS Cluster Discovery Extension . After studying the documentation I am unable to completely understand the configuration part. Please find the below queries.

1. What is the first step for Clustering and How should I do it if am going for HiveMQ DNS Cluster Discovery Extension

2. With respect to the below example configuration, Can you help me to understand the following queries

What are the changes to be made ?
What is the bind address and port should i use ?
What do you mean by the IP address of your interface?
Will the port number 7800 remains constant ?

in the below mentioned example configuration

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<cluster>
    <enabled>true</enabled>
    <transport>
       <tcp>
            <!-- replace this IP with the IP address of your interface -->
            <bind-address>192.168.1.1</bind-address>
            <bind-port>7800</bind-port>
       </tcp>
    </transport>
    <discovery>
        <static>
            <node>
                <!-- replace this IP with the IP address of your interface -->
                <host>192.168.1.1</host>
                <port>7800</port>
            </node>
            <node>
                <!-- replace this IP with the IP address of another node -->
                <host>192.168.1.2</host>
                <port>7800</port>
            </node>
        </static>
    </discovery>

</cluster>

@Vijay Welcome to HiveMQ Community!

What are the changes to be made?
It really depends on what kind of environment you want to set up but briefly, you need to update the <bind-address> to the IP address of the network interface on your server that you want HiveMQ to use for cluster communication. If there are other cluster nodes, you’d replace the IPs addresses in the <host> sections with their respective IP addresses.

What is the bind address and port should i use?
It’s the IP address and port of the network interface on your server where HiveMQ should listen for cluster connections. If your server has multiple interfaces, specify which one HiveMQ should use for cluster communication.

What do you mean by the IP address of your interface?
Servers can have multiple network interfaces, each with its own IP address. For instance, a server may have one interface for public access and another for private/internal communications. The <bind-address> and <host> configuration values are prompting you to specify which of these interfaces (by its IP address) you want to use for cluster communications. This is essential to ensure cluster traffic routes are correctly.

Will the port number 7800 remains constant?
By default, HiveMQ uses 7800 for clustering. However, you can change it if required. You must ensure that the ensure that the port isn’t used by another service.

Kind regards,
Diego from HiveMQ Team

Thanks a lot for your quick response Diego, Let me give a try.