Custom URL doesn't work

I signed up for the Pay as You Go cluster, since one of the only benefits is a custom URL for MQTT.

I’m using MQTT Explorer application on Windows 10, but it’s been the same for a few other devices I’ve tried testing (Node-Red, ETC Mosaic).

The problem is When I build a connection that works with my standard URL, my credentials work and everything is fine.

but if I try to use the exact same setup except for the different host name, all I get is a connection refused. Not authorized message, even though it’s the same credentials and settings as my standard URL.

I have no idea what’s wrong with it. any ideas?

Hi @shadow20x6,

For me this is working as expected.

Both URLs (1) and (2) can be used to connect to this PayG cluster of mine.
Did you make sure to set a proper custom URL (3)?

Regards,
Florian

2 Likes

hmm I’m not sure what the requirements are for a “proper custom” URL. perhaps it’s because I have Capital letters?

Maybe I missed that. Do you have a link to the requirements

just tested this. apparently it is the capital letters, I just re did it with lowercase, and it works.

Interesting.

If you do have a link to the Custom URL requirements I’d still appreciate it.

Thanks for your help

Hi @shadow20x6 ,

Good job finding the issue with upper case letters! We will bring this issue to the attention of our developer team.

Generally, the customisable part of the Cluster URL can have 3-32 characters using letters, numbers and hyphens (-).

If you spot any further issue please let us know.

Kind regards,
Dasha from HiveMQ Team

1 Like

Very interesting.

Yeah I was trying to use some Capital Letters in my custom URL and i guess it was having trouble.

If you can’t I get it that’s fine, just wish it said that somewhere on the page when you set the URL that Capital Letters won’t work.

Or whatever the case may be.

Thanks for the info!