why is my community edition failing to accept client connections? does it have a default user and password?
Hi @vansor ,
It is great to see your interest in MQTT and HiveMQ. Please welcome to our community!
To answer your question, I need some more information about the issue from you. I suppose you have installed a HiveMQ Broker Community Edition and either trying to connect an MQTT client to it or trying to log in to the HiveMQ Control Center. Questions are:
- Which command do you run? Or which MQTT client and with which parameters do you run?
- What is the error message from the command?
Dasha from HiveMQ
I am running hivemq community edition using docker, the log show that it has succesfully started, after that I downloaded virtuino mqtt client app to test client connections I also cloned hivemq webclient repository into the server. Virtuino keeps connecting and disconnecting while I am unable to connect using the webclient
web client responding with this error Connect failed: AMQJS0007E Socket error:undefined.
Hi @vansor ,
You indicated (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong) that the Virtuino can connect to the broker successfully, but the Web client can not.
- are the Virtuino and the Web client connecting to the same host and port? Please specify the ports.
- do you have any additional authorization HiveMQ Broker Extensions installed?
- if you install a HiveMQ MQTT CLI client on one of your machines, can it connect?
I am now able to connect and publish and subscribe to messages.
I have built an extension to Intercept the messages and store them in a database, I added the zip folder of the compiled code to src/distribution/extensions but when I run the code it doesn’t seem to work.
Hello @vansor ,
It is nice that you can now connect a client and subscribe it to a topic filter!
You indicated an issue with the following:
- Could you please post here the link to the instructions that you are following?
- Did you try to unzip the Extension’s zip into the
$HIVEMQ_HOME/extensionssubdirectory and then start the broker (run
$HIVEMQ_HOME/bin/run.sh)? Watching the
hivemq.log, do you see the Extension starting?
Dasha from HiveMQ team