Client sessions not getting displayed on HiveMQ Dashboard

I have created mqtt client sessions on cloud but it is not displayed on hivemq dashboard. What can I do for this?

Kindly help me out.

Hi @Shruti

Could you please add the screenshot from the dashboard here and copy and paste your cluster URL? Then we will be able to check on this issue further. (If you rather not share your cluster URL here, please contact cloud@hivemq.com using the same email address that was registered with your HiveMQ Cloud account.)

Thanks,
Dasha from HiveMQ team

I have uploaded the required screenshots.

Kindly have a look and help me in resolving this issue

Hi @Shruti ,

It seems you are mixing up your locally running HiveMQ broker and your HiveMQ Cloud broker:

This page address is localhost:8080 so it is from the broker that is running on your local machine, not in the HiveMQ Cloud.

The number of connections to your HiveMQ Cloud cluster is displayed in the Cluster Details view:

To be sure, please to which broker your clients are connecting: using the cluster hostname and port 8883 or the localhost and port 1883.

Regards,
Dasha from HiveMQ team

So, could you please tell me to which should i connect to get my MQTT Client sessions displayed on HiveMQ dashboard. I am so unclear about this. I want these 4 Client sessions to be displayed on dashboard.

Hi @Shruti ,

You will not see the 4 clients that are connected to the HiveMQ Cloud broker in the Dashboard of your local broker.

This says “localhost:8080”:

This indicates that your HiveMQ broker is installed on your local computer. So, to see clients connected to this broker’s dashboard, you should connect them to this broker and not to another broker.

I suggest you use this client: Home - MQTT CLI . The command to connect this client to the broker:

mqtt subscribe -h localhost -p 1883 -t # --debug

If the command is correct, go to your “Dashboard” and click “Refresh Snapshot”, then see your client connected.

I hope this helps. If you need further help please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards
Dasha from HiveMQ team

Thanks a lot for being so supportive and your quick response.

Hello,

I want to monitor and measure metrics of HiveMQ dashboard . I am using MQTT Broker and MQTT CLI. As I want to compare the performance of HiveMQ MQTT and HTTP . I want to see the performance implementation which is mentioned on your blog “Performance of MQTT vs HTTP”. How can I do that? I am attaching the screenshot of which

I want to implement.

Kindly help me in this.