No cluster option even though it says so in the docs

I’m just getting started with HiveMq loving it so far!

One thing that I noticed while looking at the services available for the CE (here: HiveMQ Extension SDK Services :: HiveMQ Documentation at the tab Cluster Discovery). I saw that there was a Cluster service, this is awesome as I want to send some messages to and from my other nodes.

However, it says that you need to add this:

<cluster>
        <discovery>
            <extension></extension>
        </discovery>
    </cluster>

To your config settings. This is unfortunately not available for the CE right? I haven’t tested it fully as I don’t want to implement a lot of stuff to figure out later that its not working.

If so, it might be a good idea to change the docs. If it is available we should at least change the config.xsd file as there is no cluster option available there right now.

Hi @basimons ,

First off, welcome to the HiveMQ Community! We’re always happy to see new faces here, and glad to see interest in MQTT!

To start, that’s correct - clustering is currently a feature that does not exist with the HiveMQ CE (Community Edition) version. Some more specific feature details can be found on our pricing page, which outlines all of the differences between versions, both cloud and self-managed.

With that in mind, I’d like to sync with our documentation team to look into adding an additional note to this documentation section to ensure that its inclusion within the SDK does not cause any confusion based on broker versions.

Let us know if you have any further questions, and welcome, again, to the HiveMQ Community!

Best,
Aaron from the HiveMQ Team

Thats what I figured. Thanks for your reply.
And indeed, might be good to make some small modifications on that section, to prevent any further confustion.