Maxed out client connections - PLEASE RESET

Hello,
I’m only testing with three client connections in my environment, but I’ve inadvertently maxed out my 100 max connections.
Is there some way you can reset me ? i’ve tried to use your cli, but I was not able to connect. It was always refused.
97565bfc27e54ea7ab90ff0fee4a51f7.s2.eu.hivemq.cloud
Thank you,
Bob

Hi @bobthedeveloper ,

If you have reached max allowed connections in this billing period, the number will be reset in the next billing period (i.e. month)

In max connections for the billing period the following sessions are counted:

• clients which are currently online
  • clients which are currently offline but connected via persistent session (i.d. with CleanStart = false and Session Expiry Interval > 0 ).

If your clients are using a different client id each time and each time creates a persistent session, it is possible that 100 max connections have been reached.

If your clients are not using persistent sessions or creating those using static client id, then it is doubtful that 100 max connections are quickly overreached.

It could give a better insight if you shared the error reason with mqtt-cli, when you run it with --verbose --debug options. The question is whether it indeed indicates that max number of connections was reached or it shows a different error.

I hope this information helps. Should you require any further assistance, please do not hesitate to ask.

Kind regards,
Dasha from HiveMQ Team.

1 Like

I had trouble connecting with the mqtt-cli recently. I think I also tried your cli. I kept getting denied, however. I’ll have to revisit this issue. Thanks for responding…