Folder structure in HiveMQ CE docker image

HI,

I am able to view the following files and folder’s in the “opt” directory of “hivemq/hivemq-ce” docker image when running it as a container.

“docker-entrypoint.sh” which is a file
“hivemq” is a folder
“hivemq-ce-2021.1” is a folder

I would like to know which folder should be used when trying to customise and creating a new image using “hivemq/hivemq-ce” as the base image - “hivemq” or “hivemq-ce-2021.1”.

I am able to use “hivemq” directory to customise and add RBAC extension, create a new image and run it as a container by executing “run.sh” located in “/opt/hivemq/bin/” folder.

Also what is the purpose of “docker-entrypoint.sh” ? Executing this script in customised image doesn’t seem to start the broker.

Regards,
Harsha

Hello Harsha,

Thanks for reaching out. Glad to see you’re taking interest in HiveMQ.

I would like to know which folder should be used when trying to customise and creating a new image using “hivemq/hivemq-ce” as the base image - “hivemq” or “hivemq-ce-2021.1”.

The correct folder is “hivemq”. (It’s symlink of hivemq-ce-2021.1 folder i.e hivemq → /opt/hivemq-4.6.0) This will always point to the active version of HiveMQ. Used scripts or services can always rely on the location of hivemq and its subfolders.

Also what is the purpose of “docker-entrypoint.sh” ? Executing this script in customised image doesn’t seem to start the broker.

docker-entrypoint.sh this script is used by docker as “ENTRYPOINT”. it configures a container that will run as an executable.

Can you please help us with more details about the error you have observed here?

Kind regards,
Sheetal

1 Like

Thank you Sheetal.

Regards,
Harsha

1 Like