MQTTBox client connection

Hi, I am new to the HiveMQ cloud service. I used to play with the free broker.hivemq.com with the MQTTBox. However, I would like to get a more secure broker service and so I start to work with Hivemq Cloud. I have subscribed to the free cloud service and tried to connect using MQTTBox. However, it fails. Please see my entries and how to resolve them. Thank you!

Hi @henrychanflag

Due to outdated TLS implementation, it seems not possible to connect to HiveMQ Cloud using MQTTBox client. I have tried all options available and just got a generic “Connection Error” message, also the project has been completely abandoned by the developer.

Kind regards,
Diego from HiveMQ Team

1 Like

For whatever it’s worth, there are some c# samples which might be useful in testing a local client. For example, MQTTnet/Client_Connection_Samples.cs at master · dotnet/MQTTnet · GitHub .

I had also downloaded a good Visual Studio Windows Forms project, which was pretty good for testing.

His github is linked in the desc field at this youtube video (the link is safe) MQTT C# - Using MQTT with C# [Step By Step Tutorial For MQTT Integration] - M2MQTT C# - YouTube MQTT C# - Using MQTT with C# [Step By Step Tutorial For MQTT Integration] - M2MQTT C#

1 Like