MQTT TLS Client Certificate Create/Generate on fly/Demand

Hi Guys,

I have been struggling to generate on-fly / on-demand client certificates for hivemq on premise. Internally I’m using openssl for to generate certificate.

In the current situation, able to generate single client certificate but need to generate on-demand certificate as per new device configuration.

Please help me with the solution.

Thanks
Rahul

can you share the details of issue you are facing ? if you are ready using openssl to generate certificate , which is similar as on-demand , please describe the issue in details ?

Hi,

Thanks for responding !!

I have been using on premise hivemq broker. While installing broker ( docker container ) that time only we are generating client certificate with help of openssl command. As of now, same certificate we are using for other clients as well.

Problem : We need to generate individual certificate for each client without restarting the broker. Whenever we are trying generate new client certificate that time we need to down the broker and then re run docker script with the new required client certificate generation request.

• Rahul

It seems like an issue with broker setup with your docker script not with client certificate. It seems counter to the purpose of broker if broker need to be brought down for each new client ?