Thanks for your response.
The archiving seems to work a couple of times and then stopped working entirely.
This is what I tried and observed.
I set the “maxFileSize” to 1 MB for the event.log file
< maxFileSize > 1MB < / maxFileSize >
The event log file was about 1.6 MB and I saw that the event.log file was archived to “event-1.log.gz”. I added some data to event.log file so it exceeds 1 MB and I was able to observe event.log getting archived to “event-2.log.gz”. I tried repeating the process in until it creates “event-5.log.gz” and then delete the oldest archived file. But after this I did not see the archiving happening. So I renamed the “event-1.log.gz” and “event-2.log.gz” to “event-1.log.gz_” and “event-2.log.gz_” and I was able to see the “event.log” getting archived to “event-1.log.gz”. But after this this I did not observe the archiving happening again. The event.log is about 1.5 MB. I tried several restarts and setting the “scanPeriod” to 6 seconds instead of 60.
< configuration scan=“true” scanPeriod=“6 seconds” >
I tried setting the “scan” to “false” and restarting the broker. Then I deleted all older “.log.gz” archived file’s. But it does not seem to be working.
I am running HiveMQ CE broker v2021.1 on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS
I have read about how event log works in the link you provided and followed the steps accordingly. But it does not seem to be working.