Issues with Connecting WE310F5 WiFi Module to HiveMQ Cluster

Hello,

I’m currently utilizing a WE310F5 WiFi module and am encountering an error when attempting to connect it to my free HiveMQ cluster.

The puzzling part is that I can successfully connect the module to a different secure broker (test.mosquitto.org on port 8885) using SSL and authentication. In addition, I can connect to my HiveMQ cluster without any issues using MQTT Explorer.

Has anyone experienced a similar issue or does anyone have any insight into what could be causing this problem?

Hello @BorSt,

Welcome to HiveMQ Community! Please point me to a link with this module information or datasheet. I searched on Google but it doesn’t return any results for WE301F5.

Kind regards,
Diego from HiveMQ Team

I’m sorry I meant to type WE310F5. This is the link: WE310F5 | Single-Band Wi-Fi and BLE5 Combination Module | Telit

Hello @BorSt

Are you using any specific library with this Wi-Fi module or just AT commands sequence to connect? Could you please share more details? Which error message are you getting trying to connect to HiveMQ Cloud?

Kind regards,
Diego from HiveMQ Team

Hello Diego,

I’m currently interacting with the module solely via AT commands to establish a connection to the cluster. Unfortunately, the module only provides generic error messages, which don’t offer much insight into the issue at hand. Any guidance on how to troubleshoot this situation would be greatly appreciated.

Hello @BorSt

Please share the AT command sequence and the status responses you are getting after “AT+NMQTTCONNECT” command.

Kind regards,
Diego from HiveMQ Team

Hello

I have included an image that depicts the sequence of commands and the corresponding status responses received from the WIFI module. The source of this image is a logic analyzer.

@BorSt

Now I can really understand the meaning of “the module only provides generic error messages” :slight_smile:

Please try to enable verbose mode by running the AT command below and see if you get a detailed error message.

ATV1

Kind regards,
Diego from HiveMQ Team

Hello,

I have enabled verbose mode but error messages in Logic analyzer remain the same so i connected the Wi-Fi module to the PC using a USB-to-serial adapter.
This is the error that i am receiving in Putty:
ErrorHiveMQConnect_Putty_WIFIModul

Hi @BorSt,

Still not a single detail on the error message. I’m not sure but based on the AT connect command it seems you must specify the path to the CA certificate file (isrgrootx1.pem) for TLS connection.

AT+NMQTTCONNECT=<CID>,<HOST>,[<Port>],<Client ID>,[<Username>,<Password>,<Keepalive>,<Timeout>,<CA file>,<Certificate File>,<will topic>,<will message>,<will QOS>,<will retain>]

Kind regards,
Diego from HiveMQ Team