HiveMQ Edge: How to add login in conf.xml?

In HiveMQ Edge, I’m trying to change the default login (admin/hivemq) for the control center by adding this section to the conf.xml:

<control-center> ...
    <users>
        <user>
            <name>yourUserName</name>
            <password>yourPassword</password>
        </user>
    </users>
</control-center>

I keep getting the error:
Not able to parse configuration file because of the following errors:
- XML schema violation in line ‘5’ and column ‘21’ caused by: “cvc-complex-type.2.4.a: Invalid content was found starting with element ‘control-center’. One of ‘{mqtt-listeners, mqtt-sn-listeners, mqtt, mqtt-sn, restrictions, security, mqtt-bridges, admin-api, persistence, protocol-adapters, modules, uns, dynamic-configuration, usage-tracking, internal}’ is expected.”

What am I missing? Do I need to update the XML schema for this? It isn’t described in the manual…

Hi @Berrrt,

A warm welcome to the HiveMQ Community! We’re delighted that you’re interested in MQTT and the HiveMQ broker. Your presence brings us great joy.

Could you please share the link to the documentation you are following to configure this?

In HiveMQ Edge, to add, remove, or modify the users who are allowed access to the API and user interface, edit the users element in your config.xml file. You can find an example in the HiveMQ Edge documentation here.

Here is a example for reference:

<hivemq ...>

<admin-api>
        <users>
            <user>
                <username>admin</username>
                <password>hivemq</password>
                <roles>
                    <role>admin</role>
                </roles>
            </user>
            <user>
                <username>admin2</username>
                <password>hivemq</password>
                <roles>
                    <role>admin</role>
                </roles>
            </user>
        </users>
    </admin-api>
</hivemq>

If you need any further assistance, feel free to ask. We’re here to help!

Best regards,
Dasha from the HiveMQ Team

Thanks!
Is there no way to save the password as an SHA256 Password?

Hi @Berrrt,

Thank you for reaching out. Currently, there isn’t a way to save the password as an SHA256 password. We appreciate your suggestion for this feature and encourage you to submit it.

You can do so by visiting https://github.com/hivemq/hivemq-edge/issues and selecting Feature Request.

Best regards,
Dasha from the HiveMQ Team