HiveMQ CE Logging

Where can I find the hivemq.log file in the HiveMQ Broker? Do I have to activate the logging somewhere? I am using the HiveMQ CE Broker in Eclipse IDE. Thank you!
Regards, Florian

Hi Florian,

Thanks for reaching out! Nice to see that you’re taking interest in HiveMQ and MQTT.

HiveMQ writes all log data to the log folder of your HiveMQ installation. For more information about tuning the logging please check the following documentation section: Logging :: HiveMQ Documentation

Kind regards,
Dasha from HiveMQ team

Hi Dasha,
thank you for your reply. My question was related to the HiveMQ Embedded version - obviously there is no logging integrated. In the meantime I found the HiveMQ CE binary package on github, where logging is available.
Kind Regards,
Florian

Florian,

Hi Florian,

“HiveMQ CE” refers to the HiveMQ broker Community Edition. There is also a HiveMQ Client Library, that can be as well embedded, for example, for Android development. Both are available to the public on the GitHub:

Tell us more about your project: what embedded platform are you working with? What are your challenges with regard to the logging?

Thanks,
Dasha from HiveMQ team