HiveMQ 3.1 Docker Image

Hello HiveMQ team,

I have written some integration test cases using HiveMQ testcontainers, in which, right now I am using the following image: hivemq/hivemq-ce:latest

I have 2 questions on above:

1. What is the MQTT broker version in the above image?
  2. Which image tag to use for MQTT broker 3.1?

Quick reply will be really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi @hussainbadshah,

Welcome to the HiveMQ Community! We’re delighted to have you here, especially because of your keen interest in MQTT and the HiveMQ broker. It’s truly fantastic to see new users like yourself.

I wanted to provide you with some information regarding the versions of HiveMQ you inquired about. As of the latest update in September 2023, the HiveMQ Community Edition 2023.9, tagged as hivemq-ce:latest, can be found at this link: HiveMQ CE Docker Repository.

However, I would like to mention that HiveMQ broker version 3 is associated with the HiveMQ Enterprise and not the HiveMQ Community Edition. You may still find version 3 in the Docker repository, accessible here: HiveMQ 3 Docker Repository. It’s important to note that version 3 is now considered obsolete and is no longer actively supported.

If you have any further questions or need additional information, please don’t hesitate to ask. We’re here to assist you in any way we can. Thank you for being a part of our community, and we look forward to helping you with your MQTT and HiveMQ-related endeavors.

Warm regards,
Dasha from the HiveMQ Team