Connecting to online MQTT broker

I am trying to connect my gateway which is MQTT enabled to online MQTT broker. After setting up the profile and adding details to my gateway configuration about the MQTT broker, is there a way to test if the connection is established? I tried the ping test through my gateway, but I was not able to establish the connection and the ping test gave me a 100 % data loss. I reached out to the gateway OEM, and they insisted on reaching out to the agency that is providing the MQTT service.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi @KetanShende

For testing purposes, I recommend the following steps:

1. Navigate to the console.hivemq.cloud and manage your cluster.
  2. Access the web client and connect it. Subscribe your web client to all topics using the topic filter #.
  3. Proceed to connect your gateway client and attempt to publish a message, such as “Hello,” to the topic “Test.”
  4. If the web client successfully receives the message “Hello,” it will indicate that your client has connected.

You can find detailed client requirements in this informative article: What are requirements to connect HiveMQ Cloud MQTT broker?

I hope it helps
Dasha from HiveMQ Team

Thanks for the instructions. I went ahead and completed the first two steps. In step 3, I do not have a way to publish a hello message. The following are the only settings that I can make on my gateway client.
The connection still shows not connected (circled in the following screenshot)

Hello @KetanShende

Thank you for providing the information. Based on the attached screenshot, it appears that you are attempting to connect to port 1883, which is not supported. Please use port 8883 instead and configure TLS settings to ensure a successful connection to the broker. If your client or device requires a CA certificate, you can download it from here. Please give this a try and let us know if it resolves the issue.

Regards,
Sheetal from HiveMQ Team