Connecting datalogger to cluster

Trying to connect a MQTT enabled data logger device to my HiveMQ cluster but I am unable to do so.

This is what I am able to see, CA certificate was the one that I downloaded from the FAQ section. Connection to the network shows to be failed when I try to connect it. What protocol do I need to select while uploading the certificate? Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Hi @kar ,

It is great that you are interested in MQTT, welcome to the community!

HiveMQ Cloud does not support TLSv1. Please use TLSv1.2.

To check which versions of TLS a server supports, you can verify it, for example, at https://testtls.com/ – just input your hostname:port (for the HiveMQ Cloud the port is 8883)

I hope it helps,
Kind regards,
Dasha from HiveMQ Team

Hi Daria,

Thanks for your response.

Few more questions as I am still not able to Publish data from my Datalogger(client) to the AWS cluster that I have set-up. I am able to see from the AT commands that the device is able to connect to the cluster but unable to publish to it.

1. I have been trying to upload the pem file from the FAQ section under TLSv1.2(as per your suggestion), is this the right CA certificate? Is there some other file that I am supposed to be uploading?

2. I am trying to publish the data on port 8883 and trying to view the JSON string on the web client by subscribing to the topic, am I using the right port? Would you suggest any alternative method to access the data?

Thanks for your help!

Hi @kar ,

Unfortunately, it is unclear what are you trying to do. Did you test your connect, subscribe, and publish possibilities with Home - MQTT CLI to make sure that the port is open and the machine is able and authorized to perform the connect, publish, and subscribe actions?

If you need further help using Home - MQTT CLI please let us know.

Thank you,
Kind regards,
Dasha from HiveMQ Team