Can not connect the Shelly device to Hivemq broker

I’m new to this MQTT and have been experiencing some problems where I don’t know how to add my device (Shelly Plus 1PM) to HiveMQ broker - Connected the broker server from MQTT explorer but there is no device showing on it.
I’m trying to connect Shelly Plus 1PM.

hi @shahzain

It’s fantastic to hear that you’re interested in MQTT and the HiveMQ broker. Welcome to the HiveMQ Community! We’re thrilled to have you join us.

To assist you further, I’ll need some additional information:

1. Device Configuration:
  • How is your Shelly Plus 1PM currently configured to connect to the MQTT broker? Specifically, I would like to know the settings related to the MQTT broker, such as the broker’s hostname, port number etc.
  1. HiveMQ Service Type:
  • Could you clarify whether you are using HiveMQ Cloud (a managed MQTT broker service provided by HiveMQ) or a self-managed HiveMQ broker installed on your own infrastructure?
  1. HiveMQ Cloud Deployment:
  • If you are using HiveMQ Cloud, please provide any connection details you received from the HiveMQ Cloud service, such as the server address, port, etc.
  1. Self-Hosted HiveMQ Environment:
  • If you are using a self-hosted HiveMQ environment, share information about how it’s set up. This includes the IP address or hostname of your HiveMQ broker, the port number it’s using, and any authentication details if applicable.

Once you provide these details, I can offer more specific guidance on how to troubleshoot and ensure a successful connection between your Shelly Plus 1PM device and the HiveMQ broker.

Best regards,
Dasha from HiveMQ Team

hey @Daria_H I did managed it to connect to the server, and the data is flowing easily, had a certain misunderstanding between the configuration, Read your docs and it helped a lot.