SIM800L MQTT Connection

Hi,I try to do mqtt connection by using sim800l but i could not.I use hivemq free version.

This is the command.

AT+CIPSTART=“TCP”,“******.s1.eu.hivemq.cloud”,“8883” but i gave error.Is this about free version?

Hello @ilker07,

I extend a warm welcome to the HiveMQ Community and appreciate your interest in MQTT and the HiveMQ broker. Your presence greatly enriches our community.

To establish a HiveMQ Cloud Free connection, it is essential to utilize TLS. Your device’s firmware should meet the following requirements:

1. Support for TLS 1.2.
  2. Enable and utilize the TLS-SNI extension (Server Name Indication) within the firmware.
  3. Obtain the CA file by downloading the root certificate here. This download will generate a file named “isrgrootx1.pem,” which can be used as a “Server Certificate.”

Upon reviewing the manufacturer’s documentation here, it appears that some firmware versions support TCP TLS connection. However, it’s crucial to confirm whether your specific device supports this firmware either by your own investigation or by reaching out to the manufacturer for additional guidance.

If your device’s firmware does not meet the aforementioned requirements, it may not be possible to establish a connection to the HiveMQ Cloud cluster.

Should you have any further inquiries or require assistance, please do not hesitate to reach out. We are here to assist you.

Best regards,
Dasha from the HiveMQ Team