HiveMQ community install questions

I followed along with this walkthorugh, General Installation Information :: HiveMQ Documentation , I first noticed when you unzip the file, it does not have a /bin folder right there. It is under /src/distribution/bin . When i go there an run the run.sh file, it attempts it and says ERROR! HiveMQ JAR not found.

Can anyone give me some help?

Hi Russell,

Welcome to HiveMQ community! We are happy to give you some help, to do that we need you to check some details:

• Do you have Java OpenJDK11 Installed on your OS? Please verify by running java -version.
  • What is you OS (Linux, MacOs, Windows)?
  • What do you mean by the following: “when you unzip the file, it does not have a /bin folder right there. It is under /src/distribution/bin”?
    • Could you send us a screenshot or do ls -la or tree . -L 2 on the HiveMQ home directory?
    • Do you unzip with unzip hivemq-<version>.zip command or using another tool?
  • What is exact text of the error message when you attempt to run bin/run.sh?

Thanks,
Dasha from HiveMQ Team

Thank you for your response.
Java shows up as
openjdk version “11.0.13” 2021-10-19
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 11.0.13+8-Ubuntu-0ubuntu1.20.04)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 11.0.13+8-Ubuntu-0ubuntu1.20.04, mixed mode, sharing)

It is Ubuntu 20.04

When I unzip the file, it’s first directories are
build.gradle.kts
gradle
HEADER
settings.gradle.kts
CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md
gradle.properties
jitpack.yml
src
CONTRIBUTING.adoc
gradlew
LICENSE
docker
gradlew.bat
README.adoc

There is no /bin here.

I used the unzip hivemmq-community-edition-master.zip command

Hi @PerfectBake420,

it seems you downloaded the source files zip instead of the release zip from the release page.

Bildschirmfoto 2022-01-21 um 15.45.39

Download the release zip and try again.

Greetings,
Michael from the HiveMQ team

2 Likes

Thank you. It seems to be installed. When i check to see if it is running, this is what I see.

When I want to add the mqtt broker to Home Assistant, it wants a broker #. How do I find that?

Hi @PerfectBake420,

I’m not sure what your issue is. Did you check the docs from Home assistant for a solution?

Greetings,
Michael from the HiveMQ team