Accessing control centre via browser

I am installing the HiveMQ broker on my own dedicated linux server. How will I access the control centre? Can I bind a domain name to the broker via the configuration?

I have installed the broker on the server, and it is running, but I don’t know how to access the control centre. Sorry I’m a little confused

Thanks
Alan

Hello @frobak

Welcome to HiveMQ Community! Could you please share the content of your “config.xml” file with us? So we can take a look.

Kind regards,
Diego from HiveMQ Team

Hi Diego

Its ok thank you, I worked it out.

I needed to add the control centre listener info into the config.xml file. It now loads via the IP i specified in the config.

Thanks
Alan

Which IP do you need to specify here? I took the IP off the machine that runs the HiveMQ but I’m still not able to reach the control center from another station.

Hello @Berrrt

The bind-address parameter of a HiveMQ Control Center TCP listener can be set to the specific IP address of the computer that you installed HiveMQ Broker. If you cannot access the Control Center from another computer on your network is typically related to network configurations or firewall settings. You need to make sure that the computer where HiveMQ is installed is accessible from the remote computer over the network.

Kind regards,
Diego from HiveMQ Team